Friday, January 22, 2010

Working Fire Handles

Well unfortunately I haven't made as much progress as I would've liked over the holidays, although after reading the ATR72 manual and discovering that part of the initial procedure is to check the fire handle system prior to each flight I decided to get these up and running. 

Below are some photographs to show where they're currently at (testing the fault switch, squib button, and fire):



 

 

Another small job I completed was this Collins radio unit with dual concentric encoders.



I'll discuss this, and the fire handles, in more detail once all of their final tests have been completed. The idea is to also get some updated videos happening too, but ideally I'd like to have the entire simulator back in one piece again before I do that. This shouldn't be too far away with any luck!

I've also now acquired a third 24 inch LCD monitor for the scenery set-up too, which has helped the horizon levels greatly now that all three screens are the same dimensions.  

Apologies for the brief update!

No comments:

Post a Comment